Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Interesting Math Stuff #1: Beauty of Mathematics

Watch this video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h60r2HPsiuM



Fascinating isn't it? I believe that this proves that in every area of study and every aspect of 
life, beauty can be found. Many people think that aesthetic beauty is limited only to the arts, 
but this video shows that even the most factual and seemingly impersonal subject reflects 
that God has an appreciation of beauty.

Math is also unique in its applicability to every field of study. Every study can be 
mathematically analyzed and the findings can often be applied to improve results. This is 
true in everything from figure skating to microbiology and the versatility and practicality of 
math often makes it, in many people's eyes, the most important field. 

Math joke of the day
Q: Why was the math teacher late for school? 
A: Because he got on the rhombus! 

Source: (@lauren_lsm) 



2 comments:

  1. I find your video to be slightly flawed lets say for example if under the same values set in the video, use the word determination we get 147%. Thus we can argue that without the love of God we can go further only with pure determination. Also, Love of God alone would be less than Hard Work AND Knowledge combined. Therefore I believe the creator of this video is not demonstrating the majesty of mathematics for THEY have manipulated a set of values that THEY assigned to give a message THEY want to hear. While many may point at this video and say God, I say, Gimmick.

    I like the Joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that the logic behind the last part of the video is flawed and can be easily disproved. I thought this when I first saw this video. However, I do think that this video does accurately portray the intrinsic beauty present in mathematics and all aspects of life. I believe that the beauty present can point to a intelligent creator who has an appreciation for beauty.

    ReplyDelete